Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Annie!


Last weekend we took the girls to the Fox Theater to see Annie. Santa left them tickets in their stocking, and we have so been looking forward to this treat. Gracie is of course a seasoned veteran when it comes to theater-going, but this was actually Georgia's first trip to the Fox. Well, suffice it to say she is IN LOVE! When we left, I asked her what she thought and she said "the theater was beau-ti-ful, but I didn't see any foxes in there." Hilarious! We all loved the show and periodically when I looked over at Georgia she was staring at the beautiful ceiling. It really brought back memories from my first trip to the Fox to see Annie over 20 years ago, and I remembered parts of it I haven't thought about since then. How I wondered if the ceiling was really a ceiling or is it the sky, or how fancy the Egyptian themed bathrooms are, or even who exactly gets to sit in those two box seats to name a few! When she asked me these things, I remembered wondering the same things as a child, and I was so grateful that my sweet girls are able to experience the things I enjoyed most about my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment