Monday, February 22, 2010

Parent Drop-In

Thursday night was Parent Drop-In night at Georgia's Montessori preschool. I remembered this night when Gracie was a student there, and we were all really looking forward to it-especially Georgia! Basically, it is a time for parents to come out and let the children show off everything they've been working on. The kids are so proud of themselves for doing their "big kid" work. Georgia kept telling us the whole way there that she was going to show us her "work." Her teachers tell us all the time that she is very serious about her school work and is a very busy girl. I kind of remember Gracie at this age and her Montessori work, and I was really impressed with Georgia. In just a few months she has mastered her letter sounds, and is able to recognize all her letters on flashcards. She told me she is working on her reading. Wow! I think the only thing Gracie studied at this age was playtime so this is a pleasant surprise for me!




Georgia showing off her work
Georgia and her sandpaper letters


No comments:

Post a Comment