Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baby Madden Has Arrived!

My sister Caroline has been on bedrest for the past few weeks of her pregnancy, and Monday we found out that he had a condition called Intra Uterine Growth Deficiency. His growth and weight had plateaued and he had even begun to lose weight. Tuesday they made the decision to take him by C-Section before he lost any more weight. He was delivered at 35 weeks, and weighed 3 lbs and 8.5 oz and was 15 inches long. He is doing well but we were told to expect him in the NICU for 4 to 6 weeks. So far he's doing well, breathing on the CPAP machine and eating through a feeding tube, but that is all very normal for a baby that size. The worst thing I guess was that Caroline didn't get to see him for 24 hours because she was on a magnesium drip and couldn't bring it into the NICU. I did get to go however and took a few pics. Here are the first shots of Baby Madden!











1 comment:

  1. Hannah...he is so cute! What a precious gift. I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope he gets to go home soon.

    ReplyDelete