Tuesday, July 13, 2010

While the girls are away...

I decided to redecorate the girls' rooms while they were at the beach with my parents. Gracie still had her little girl pink and green circus print toile and Georgia still had her crib in the daybed setup. They both have expressed an interest in redecorating. Gracie wanted a "sophisticated" big girl room and Georgia wanted a mermaid room. I didn't quite finish but here is what I got done before they returned home.

For Gracie I chose a soft blue for the walls (Sherwin Williams Hazy Blue)
and a slightly darker shade for the trim (Benjamin Moore Liquid Blue) with a starfish stencil.

I reused the headboard that Kenneth built for her five years ago and painted it
pink then applied a glaze and finished it with a clear coat of polyeurethane.

I used Sherwin Williams Coming Up Roses for the headboard and then applied Palm
Beach Pink glaze from www.sunnyspaint.com to give it a distressed aged look.


I used some of the leftover blue and pink paint to tie in this container for Gracie's
flowers. I just spray painted the curly willow green in a complimentary shade.


I found these cute pink bubble glass knobs to use on Gracie's vanity.

For the stencils we used two sizes of starfish stencile painted in two shades of pink, SW Gala Pink on the smaller size and SW Coming Up Roses on the Larger. Both stencils are available at www.sunnyspaint.com

Love this combo:)

I painted the aquarium stand and lid in a similar blue as the wall to blend with the wall. I changed out the aquarium decor to match her new room and set it up so we can pick out new fish when they get home!

Fully stenciled walls! Kenneth must really love his girls because he sure hates painting! He evenly spaced them throughout the room, rotating the stencil clockwise for each collum.

I painted Gracie's vanity green which I love against the walls!



So for Gracie's room I still have to make her window treatments and bedding, hang her new chandelier, and apply her wall monogram but this is all I could do before they got home!

Georgia asked for two things-pink and mermaids!

Love this green wall! Gator green glaze from www.sunnyspaint.com

We trimmed the room in SW Coming Up Roses. Love the combo!

I painted her chest of drawers a darker pink and changed the knobs to a ceramic painted pink, green, and aqua.

Kenneth traced a swirl design in pencil for me to use as a guide for painting the wall and ceiling. He also painted cute polka dote on the upper wall and ceiling to give a canopy effect.


We painted an aqua swirl along the pencil outlineto complete the walls. I painted her armoire the same aqua as the swirl.

I upholstered a new headboard for Georgia for her new big girl bed! Kenneth cut out the design and mounted it for me.

Since Georgia can't reach her new bed yet, I painted a little footstool for her and upholstered it to match her bed.

Kenneth's Mom has been trying to teach me how to make the girls' bedding, but she ended up doing most of the work! It looks great so far, and hopefully I can make more of a contribution!

Georgia's bedding is almost done but I still need to have her chandelier installed, window treatments made, and wall monogram applied. They were so excited to see their new rooms and it was so worth all the work! When Georgia walked in she said "FINALLY!"
















With the girls off on their beach trip, I decided to surprise them with redecorating their rooms. Gracie's room hasn't been redone since we moved and she's recently expressed an interest in having a more sophisticated look now that she's a big girl. Georgia actually still had her crib in her converted daybed setup and it was time for her to move up to a big girl room as well. Here is the progress of the rooms so far.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment