Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Little Redecorating

So after five years in our house I have the redecorating bug. I love decorating. LOVE IT! When we moved into this house five years ago, it was our first home. We had very little in the way of furniture we could reuse because we were coming from a very small home with small rooms and small furniture and the scale was all wrong for this house. Needless to say, we had to cut a lot of corners the first time around when decorating and I've been wanting to do a lot ever since but I hated to replace new things so soon. So far I've painted the dining room a beautiful shade of blue (Benjamin Moore Raindance) and refinished my dining room table and china hutch black. I also took out the wooden grids in the hutch behind the glass. I got some fabulous new drapery hardware and window treatments from my decorator at Room Within (www.roomwithin.com) which I LOVE!!! It seems like a small thing, but I have wanted to concert my 2 1/2 " rods to 4" rods forever. I also recovered the chairs with new fabric that I embroidered with by initial and a laurel wreath. I matched up the color of the thread with the wall color. I also covered the chandelier shades with a smaller version of the embroidered design. I picked out a new wall color to compliment the new sofa and chair, but I haven't painted the living room yet. Soon though.
New wall color next to a pillow.

New dining room so far

New chair and end table

New sofa...I think I'm gonna get that little pillow in the middle monogrammed:)




No comments:

Post a Comment